- A new set of APIs for developers to build location-aware applications
March 10, 2020
Seattle, WA – HERE, a location data and technology platform, today announced Microsoft Azure customers have access to HERE Location Services within their self-hosted Azure environments. Developers rely on the accuracy and scale of HERE Location Services to incorporate core location-oriented components into the enterprise-grade applications they build and manage.
HERE Location Services such as Routing, Geocoding, and Map Tiles APIs offer developers the tools they need to innovate while ensuring high performance for an application’s most critical processes.
For fleet management and emergency services:
- Create safe and efficient routing solutions for multiple vehicle types
- Provide the most efficient routing options based on real-time traffic conditions
For seamless mobility:
- Provide routing options for pedestrians and public transportation
- Help you city run more smoothly with improved traffic flow and transportation network usage
For business intelligence:
- Understand trends and behavior of citizens in relation to their location and mobility patterns
- Understand shifting market dynamics to inform real-estate investments
- Verify insurance claims and authenticate transactions
HERE Location Services are available to Azure customers who want to manage and deliver highly available location-based services. The self-hosted architecture ensures maximum availability and resiliency for Azure customers running critical business applications that rely on “always-on” location services.
“Location anchors our connected world and HERE Location Services enable industries to solve complex challenges while delivering valuable new products and experiences,” said Mithun Dhar, General Manager, Developer Relations at HERE Technologies. “Demands on business require flexibility in software architecture, and HERE is proud to offer the most robust and highest quality location services to customers operating across public cloud, self-hosted or hybrid environments.”
The HERE Location Services available for self-hosting in Azure Virtual Machine environments are:
- Routing – provides access to and use of global, real-time and historical traffic information.
- Forward Geocoder and Reverse Geocoder – provides comprehensive coverage in 196 countries and several territories with a high-precision mapping of geo-coordinates or addresses.
- Map Tiles – shows fresh day-time map tiles in multiple styles (e.g. base, aerial) including rendered live-traffic tiles for flow overlay.
HERE Location Services are also available as Serverless Functions on the Azure Marketplace, for the latest Azure developer content please visit: HERE | Azure Marketplace.
About HERE Technologies
HERE, a location data and technology platform, moves people, businesses and cities forward by harnessing the power of location. By leveraging our open platform, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, please visit www.here.com and http://360.here.com.