Release notes 2 min read
May 2019 Release Notes
These are D105 (May 2019) release notes that describe the improvements to the services in the new release. This release includes updates of: Geocoder API, Geocoder Autocomplete API, Routing API, Places API and Fleet Telematics API.
This release is mainly a maintenance release.
Isoline Routing range is increased to 800km and 9 hours.
You will find all API documentation on the Developer Portal.
For more detailed information about the major improvements of the HERE Location Suite Services and Products, see the sections below:
- The ‘LinkInfo’ section contains a new item “Traffic” with sub elements “Speed”, “Unit” and “TMCCodes”.
- We have improved the quality of our ETA predictions by removing capping of traffic speeds to base speeds.
- Isoline range was increased to 800km and 32400 seconds (9 hours).
- Optimized isoline calculation in Australia by considering also second and third most important roads after highway to address regional specifics of the road network density.
- New category “Vaping Store” (pds category: 600-6900-0108) mapped to “shop” in Find Places category.
- New category Cigar and Tobacco Shop (pds category: 600-6900-0107) mapped to Find Places category “Shop”.
Fleet Telematics API
- Toll cost and environmental zone access can be fuel type dependent, so calculateroute.json got a parameter &fuelType=petrol/diesel/lng/lpg/cng/ethanol/propane/hydrogen/electric
- Basic support for bicycle routing (mode=bicycle instead of car or pedestrian). calculateroute response contains travel time and length per route leg.
- Routing can return maneuver instructions either in text or html format (parameter &instructionFormat=text/html).
- Routing can return additional maneuver information (parameter &maneuverAttributes=direction,action)
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Geocoder Autocomplete API (Version 6.2.181)
Have your say
Sign up for our newsletter
Why sign up:
- Latest offers and discounts
- Tailored content delivered weekly
- Exclusive events
- One click to unsubscribe