March 2023 Platform Release Notes
Update to the HERE Commercial Terms & Conditions
We would like to inform you of a change in our Terms and Conditions. From April 7, 2023, we will exclude the following use cases from the from the HERE Base Plan (transaction based) and HERE Limited Plan:
- Asset Management
This change will only affect your business if you signed the HERE Platform Terms and it is on an Evergreen HERE Base Plan (transaction based) or Limited Plan and uses any of our services for use in an Asset Management, Optimization or UBI/Telematics use case. Customers on the HERE Base Plan (transaction based) with a fixed term (Termed) subscription can continue to use this plan with the terms and conditions agreed prior to this change for the term of their subscription.
Customers using Monthly Active User or Asset based plans are not impacted.
If you are using an Evergreen HERE Base Plan (transaction based) or HERE Limited Plan for Asset Management, Optimization or UBI/Telematics use cases, please get in touch with your account representative if you have one or contact our support team if you are on a HERE Support Plan. If you have neither, please reach out to us on Slack.
HERE Tour planning - new features
There are three new features in the latest release:
- Support for avoiding polygon areas for the fleet: Now the polygons and encoded polygons can be specified in the fleet avoid areas. This feature can be useful in several situations such as when the tour planner wants the fleet to restrict from going through a particular area.
- Support for the side of the street hint: The tour planners can specify which side of the street the vehicle should stop. By default, tour planning may allow the vehicle to park on either side of the road at the destination. This feature is particularly useful for drivers carrying heavy orders and therefore would like to stop on the side of the destination. The driver won’t have to cross the road on foot.
- New cluster service time strategy (boundedSumStrategy): When there are multiple orders to be delivered or picked up at the same location, the total service time may be less than the sum of individual task service time. The boundedSumStrategy can be used to specify the total service time as the sum of all individual tasks’ service time but is limited by a maximum value.
In addition to this, there is a new tutorial (VRP with Multi-Jobs) to explain how to use tour planning to schedule multiple trips within the single vehicle shift.
TLS 1.0 and 1.1 Deprecation
Accordance with industry-wide best practice (RFC8996) we are planning to discontinue support for outdated Transport Layer Security (TLS) versions 1.0 and 1.1 for Map Tile API and Map Image API on 30 September 2023. From October 2023 on only TLSv1.2 and higher versions will be supported by these services.
This change affects requests to all Map Tile API and Map Image API endpoints in all environments (PRD, SIT, CIT) and corresponding regional endpoints, e.g.
Map Tile API:
Map Image API:
Impact on you
Requests to Map Tile API and Map Image API endpoints from client software which does not support TLS v1.2 or higher will fail.
Actions you need to take
Please ensure that your software stack accessing Map Tile API and Map Image API endpoints support TLSv1.2 or higher.
Note: the HERE Raster Tile API (the successor of Map Tile API) supports only TLS v1.2 and higher.
- RFC8996 explains the rationale behind the industry-wide move to disable TLSv1 and TLSv1.1.
Have your say
Sign up for our newsletter
Why sign up:
- Latest offers and discounts
- Tailored content delivered weekly
- Exclusive events
- One click to unsubscribe