January 2020 Release Highlights
Welcome to the latest announcements for the HERE Location Services. This post covers the D113 release of HERE Location Services.
This release is mainly a maintenance release.
The release highlights are:
- New routing, customization and restrictions related functionalities added in Fleet Telematics API
- New endpoints Journeys API and Indoor Geofencing API added in HERE Tracking product
You will find all API documentation on the Developer Portal.
For more detailed information about the major improvements of the HERE Location Services, see the sections below:
- H.map.Style now supports "import" statements in the configuration files.
- Traffic flow lines are rendered under the labels when enabled via UI elements.
- XYZ provider does not restrict GET parameters to the pre-defined values.
- New methods for the XYZ service enable feature editing.
- Method "toGeoJSON" on all map objects produces GeoJSON output for the easy serialization of objects.
- Vector tiles are fetched only once the layer is split.
- The rendering of the truck attributes was added to the default map styles.
- The map reference fields have additional fields available in results: mapReferenceMapId, mapReferenceMapReleaseDate, mapReferenceAddressId
- We added support for Journeys. Users can create and track shipments, and perform delay analysis over the
- logistics paths.
- We added support for multiple webhook notification URLs. Users can now subscribe to receive only certain types of notifications to a URL.
- We added support for indoor geofencing. It enables developers to create indoor geofences with floor definition.
- Geofence related events are now available through the event log.
- Router meets the waypoint on the correct side of the street
- If the heading is provided in a waypoint, routing tries to stop on the link into this driving direction. This avoids making goods or passengers cross a busy street. However, if it would take a big detour the router will not stop on the desired side. Both the search radius and the penalty can be customized.
- Router can avoid or prefer certain links
- Custom routing can now consider user specific penalties or bonus for road links. If certain streets are cumbersome or well suited for certain vehicle types of a fleet, a custom road overlay can define individual penalties or bonus for using these streets.
- Add your own turn restrictions for routing
- Customers can avoid that their trucks get stuck at certain dangerous intersection turns.
- Customizable penalty to avoid U-turns
- Users can specify a penalty for U-turns on the route.
- Add your own EV Charging stations for "Routing with EV charging along the route"
- In addition to the HERE EV charging locations, routing can use custom layers (uploaded via Custom Locations service)
- Define your own restriction types (virtual traffic signs), like "on this link only our at least 50kph enabled class 3+ cars are allowed"
- Each custom link restriction has a vector of maximum values, the car in the routing request has a vector of values, which must fit within the link's values.
- Use cases: special vehicle classes, special permissions required, special vehicle properties like ground clearance, special road restrictions
- Limit extended: The Corridor Search radius limit is raised from 2000m to 5000m.
- Improved the way U-turns are identified as inconvenient maneuvers for entire map. This fix was previously released only for North America segment of the map to validate its correct behavior.
The following services had new releases with minor changes:
- Geocoder API (Version 6.2.197)
- Geocoder Autocomplete API (Version 6.2.199)
- Routing API (Version 7.2.113)
Two New Authentication Types:
- Starting December 11, HERE has introduced the use of API Keys or OAuth 2.0 Tokens for improved security, as announced on our developer blog.
- Existing accounts using APP CODE credentials will continue to be supported.
- For HERE SDK for IOS & Android (Lite & Premium Edition), only APP CODE credentials are supported.
- All other newly generated apps will require API Key or OAuth 2.0 Token credentials.
Sign up for our newsletter
Why sign up:
- Latest offers and discounts
- Tailored content delivered weekly
- Exclusive events
- One click to unsubscribe