HERE Data SDK & HERE SDK on the HERE platform
The HERE platform comes with Services, APIs, and SDKs in various programming languages and platforms including REST APIs, Web, and Mobile SDKs. In this blog post, we will cover HERE Data SDK in various programming languages and HERE SDK (Lite, Explore and Navigate Edition) for iOS, Android and Flutter. If you are new to the HERE platform, please check out the previous blog posts on this series:
- How to get started with the HERE platform
- A tour of the HERE platform
- Authentication on HERE platform
- Location Services and APIs on the HERE platform
In the previous blog, we discussed that there are two pricing plans on the HERE platform: the Limited plan and the Base plan. You need to have the Base plan to access HERE Data SDK and the HERE SDK. In order to upgrade from the Limited plan to the Base plan, all you need to do is add payment information on the HERE platform account. The Base plan is pay-as-you-grow pricing for all HERE Location Services requests, meaning users will not be charged unless they exceed the free tier of any Platform Resource.
HERE Data SDK
HERE Data SDK provides an interface to access the HERE platform. It is intended to save your time and effort using the HERE REST APIs. It provides a set of stable APIs that simplify complex platform operations and keep up to date with the latest HERE REST API changes. It is a modern, lightweight, and modular SDK with minimal dependencies targeted toward a wide range of hardware platforms from embedded devices to desktops.
This SDK lets you:
- Authenticate to the HERE platform using client credentials.
- Read catalog and partition metadata.
- Retrieve data from layers.
- Publish data to layers
- Delete data from an object store layer
Additionally, the Data SDK includes classes for working with geospatial tiling schemes that are used by most platform catalog layers.
The Data SDK comes in various programming languages:
- HERE Data SDK for C++ (Documentation and Examples)
- HERE Data SDK for Python (Documentation and Examples)
- HERE Data SDK for Java & Scala (Documentation and Examples)
- HERE Data SDK for TypeScript (Documentation and Examples)
The HERE SDK product family includes the HERE SDK for Android, the HERE SDK for iOS, and the HERE SDK for Flutter which allows cross-platform development for iOS and Android from a single codebase. It enables you to build powerful map applications. Bundled along with it are many HERE assets, available on iOS, Android, and Flutter for customers to integrate with their own apps. It consumes data from the HERE platform incorporating microservices and highly modularized components. Check out these HERE SDK Examples for Android, iOS and Flutter.
Why use the HERE SDK family?
- The SDK has benefited from decades of mapping technology, with the latest being lightweight and providing instant access to the most current high quality, and accurate map data.
- Build captivating native applications and benefit from one of the world’s most accurate and interactive map data that is captured via a comprehensive and precise industrial process with the HERE True vehicles.
- Explore maps that are fast and smooth to interact with, pan/zoom across map views of varying resolutions, and enable the display of various elements such as routes and POIs on highly customizable map views.
We have made the HERE SDK available in three different editions:
- Lite Edition (available for iOS and Android): quick way to integrate location features and customized maps into applications built for devices with limited ROM capabilities and rendering needs.
- Explore Edition (available for iOS, Android, and Flutter): access to a smooth map experience and highly performant map rendering tailored for high-end devices, with features such as multiple map view instances, controlling draw order of map layers, 3D camera control, and integrated toolchain for map customization
- Navigate Edition (available for iOS, Android, and Flutter): access to all the features that come with the Explore Edition plus turn-by-turn navigation capabilities.
The HERE platform comes with Services, APIs, and SDKs in various programming languages and platforms including REST APIs, Web, and Mobile SDKs. You need to have the Base plan to access HERE Data SDK and the HERE SDK, by simply add payment information when you sign up on the HERE platform. Feel free to leave a comment or reach us on Twitter at @heredev, we are excited to see what you are building with the HERE platform!
Sign up for our newsletter
Why sign up:
- Latest offers and discounts
- Tailored content delivered weekly
- Exclusive events
- One click to unsubscribe