Extension of end-of-life for predecessor versions of HERE Location Services
Earlier this year in this blog post, we announced that the predecessor version of HERE Location Services would be phased out on 30 September 2022, and the HERE Premium SDK (3.x) would be retired on 31 December 2022. These deadlines have been extended with the following details:
- The predecessor version of HERE Location Services that are hosted by HERE will be maintained until April 1, 2023, and existing partners and customers are encouraged to upgrade no later than 31 March 2023.
- The current HERE Places (Search) API v2 infrastructure will stop data and software updates after 30 September 2022 in accordance with the prior announcements. Any applications detected using the HERE Places (Search) infrastructure will be redirected to GS7 Classic Search on 1 December 2022.
- The self-hosted HERE Location Services is unchanged from the previous announcement and will be maintained until 31 December 2022. Maintenance through 31 December 2022 will only include quarterly map updates and critical bug fixes.
- HERE Premium SDK (3.x) is superseded by 4.x SDK variants. The Premium SDK will continue to be maintained, with only critical bug fixes and no feature development/enhancements. Customers using the HERE Premium SDK (3.x) are encouraged to upgrade their application to HERE SDK 4.x ideally prior to 30 June 2023.
- HERE SDK 4.x Lite Edition will be deprecated for iOS 16 and above starting in October 2022 in accordance with the prior announcement, due to the deprecation of OpenGL ES graphic acceleration rendering engine in iOS 16. Impacted customers are asked to migrate to their iOS application to HERE SDK Explore Edition. This impacts only Apple devices running iOS; the Lite edition will continue to be available for Android devices.
Sign up for our newsletter
Why sign up:
- Latest offers and discounts
- Tailored content delivered weekly
- Exclusive events
- One click to unsubscribe