- Continuing to serve all industries with established and open location platform
- Exploring incorporation of anonymized sensor data from Audi, BMW, Daimler vehicles
- Governance structure designed to secure independence of company from shareholders
Berlin, Germany – Backed by its new shareholders – a consortium consisting of AUDI AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG – HERE plans to accelerate the deployment of real-time maps to benefit people and businesses around the world.
“The map is evolving into a live representation of the world, giving us a second-by-second view of our cities and road networks,” said Sean Fernback, the President of HERE. “Now we have the backing of three automotive companies which share our view that this map will be life-changing for people: it will power location services that improve mobility for people and enterprises, make driving safer and more enjoyable, and reduce emissions.”
Serving all industries with an open location platform
HERE today reiterated its long-term commitment to serve as an open location platform accessible to all customers – within and outside the automotive industry – who seek to leverage the power of location in their businesses. Partners and customers will also be able to leverage HERE’s open platform to create their own products and services that fit their unique needs and business models.
HERE aims to strengthen its market position in automotive and expand its consumer and enterprise businesses through strategic partnerships and acquisitions, as well as organic growth. HERE expects to create most value for its customers in the following areas:
- Enabling smarter urban mobility for people: by combining dynamic data from different sources, utilizing mobility profiling and aggregating urban mobility solutions, HERE will deliver comprehensive, dynamic maps and relevant information into the hands of millions of people to help them with their journey or discover something new.
- Enabling the next stage in the evolution of the car: by creating high definition live maps, cloud-based vehicle sensor processing capabilities and new embedded and companion experiences, HERE will power precise, highly contextual and individually tailored guidance solutions for vehicles as they become increasingly automated and, ultimately, fully autonomous.
- Enabling a new era of transportation: by making the map the nerve center of intelligent transportation systems for cities and governments, HERE will help create new types of cooperative intelligent transportation systems (C-ITS) which are affordable, effective and scalable.
- Enabling enterprises and governments to manage their assets in smarter ways: by providing the most comprehensive offering of map and platform tools, HERE will help organizations analyze their own data with location context to obtain new insights and make decisions that increase the productivity and efficiency of their mobile and fixed assets.
Governance structure securing long-term strategy and independence
HERE’s long-term strategy is secured through a new governance structure, safeguarded by a supervisory board that will consist of representatives of the new owners and independent, recognized industry leaders. AUDI AG, BMW Group and Daimler AG do not acquire joint control of HERE and there is a clear separation between their roles as customers, suppliers and investors. In addition, HERE will remain open to all customers, and be open to other investors who would create an even broader shareholder structure. All this ensures that HERE’s unequivocal commitment to openness and independence is firmly established.
More information and statements will be provided in a webcast with HERE, Audi, BMW and Daimler representatives at 14.30 on Monday 7 December. It can be followed on the internet:
Read more: http://her.is/thefutureisHERE.
HERE is a leader in mapping and location technology. We enable rich, real-time location applications and experiences for consumers, vehicles, enterprises and cities. HERE is backed by a consortium of leading automotive companies. To learn more about us, including our work in the areas of connected and automated driving, visit http://360.here.com.
+49 151 1004 1241
Dr. Sebastian Kurme
Head of Communications Germany/UK
+49 173 515 3549
Head of Communications North America
+1 510 384 6160
Smart cities and the people that live in them
Work at HERE: Darya Kamkalova on data, daring and women in tech