High-quality maps, geocoding, search and routing data from HERE is now available on Amazon Location Service.
Developers and AWS customers can add location functionality to applications with this fully managed, secure service which is scalable using the AWS Cloud.
Jeff Barr, Chief Evangelist for AWS, said: “We want to make it easier and more cost-effective for you to add maps, location awareness and other location-based features to your web and mobile applications."
HERE is one of two geospatial data providers to Amazon Location Service. Developers and AWS customers can now:
- Choose from a greater number of options for where to build location-enabled solutions and/or integrate with their solutions
- Work from a detailed base map that blends 3D and 2D rendering. The high-contrast street map includes highways, major/minor roads, railways, water features, cities, parks, landmarks, building footprints, and administrative boundaries
- Make use of map rendering, geocoding, search and routing – which are also available from HERE directly
- Visualize data through an interactive map
- With Amazon Location Place Index and HERE data, developers can use to search for points of interest, geocode and reverse geocode
- Routes: Using HERE data through Amazon Location Service developers can use to request driving directions, time and distance between locations. This can include road network data, live and historical traffic data, plus planned closures
We live in a world that is increasingly powered by location data and technology, enabling people and objects to move and interact faster, safer and in more efficient ways than ever before. Building on this understanding, we are excited to collaborate with AWS, and deliver high-quality location data to a broader market and the AWS developer community.