Accurate and detailed
HERE has launched a global data movement service to help companies, transport agencies and cities understand mobility patterns.
HERE Probe Data enhances the understanding of how road users and vehicles move across the transportation network. It can be used for:
- Improved traffic management and congestion planning based on micro-level traffic analysis
- Enhanced road safety through accurate modeling of road-related risks, enhanced air quality management and smarter street lighting
- Improved infrastructure and city planning through the modeling of seasonal and historical movement and route patterns
- Optimized traffic signal timing for a better management of traffic flows
- Enhanced in-vehicle infotainment and ADAS systems, through a better understanding of routing based on seasonal and historical speeds, route patterns and traffic analysis.
Nothing in recent history had a more profound effect on overall mobility patterns than the COVID-19 pandemic. Lockdowns, remote working and other restrictions impacted the movement of people and led to a decrease in traffic and congestion all over the world. With that in mind, companies and cities need access to accurate and detailed movement data to better plan infrastructure and manage traffic as well as to increase public safety in the future. With HERE Probe Data we can help to make mobility and city life safer, cleaner, and more sustainable.
To protect privacy, the data from each vehicle is artificially broken to avoid linking to individuals, trip origins or destinations.
HERE Probe Data is available for over 30 countries in EMEAR, the Americas and APAC. It will soon also be available as a subscription service on the HERE Marketplace.
HERE Probe Data was already used in a joint pilot project from Bosch, Transport for London (TfL) and HERE to measure and improve air quality in the London Borough of Lambeth by reducing traffic congestion.
With HERE Probe Data we can help to make mobility and city life safer, cleaner, and more sustainable.