Sr Software Engineer CTO (m/f)
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19820
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com
We are looking for candidates that are entrepreneurial, that are highly motivated with their own opinions, and that want to shape products and implement pioneering technologies that impact millions of people every day!
The CTO organisation is extending its team on the areas of machine learning, augmented reality, analytics, and distributed systems.
You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, and a creative and agile work environment. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, growing team at one of the most innovative technology companies in the world.
In this position we expect you to excel with minimal technical supervision, while playing a variety of roles as needed to respond efficiently to future upcoming technical topics.
Examples of activities you will work on:
- Design, and implement high performance and components for machine learning and deep leaning
- Work effectively with minimal guidance to design, develop, and troubleshoot next generation applications
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and contribute in roadmap definition
- Deliver automated solutions for deployment and management of large analytical experiments
- 5+ years of experience in developing state of the art technologies
- Relentless desire to learn and improve
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Fluent in two or more contemporary programming languages
- Deep knowledge across computer system architecture, from low level programming to network protocols
- Knowledge in the area of machine learning
Helpful are experiences in the following areas:
- Experience with machine learning frameworks (Tensorflow, Keras, …)
- Experience with GPU accelerated computing
- Experience with shell scripting for automation tasks
- Experience with distributed data storage and processing systems (S3, Drill, Parquet, Cassandra, Kudu, CockroachDB, …)
- Experience with distributed stream processing (Kafka, Spark, Flink, …)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Understanding of geospatial models and algorithms
- Good command of written and spoken English
Some specific technologies we use:
- Scala, Java, Typescript, C++, Python
- Amazon Web Services
- Android, IOS
- Git, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
What we offer:
- A stimulating multi-national work environment
- Involvement with internal and external users
- Exposure to new technologies and development methodologies
- Development of analytical and technical skills
- Opportunity to learn from highly-experienced and motivated colleagues
- A chance to work on interesting and unique problems at serious scales
- Conferences, technical and soft-skills training
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.