(Sr.) Software Engineer (Java/Scala) m/f (Connected Vehicle Services)
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19813
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com
In the Connected Vehicle Services group, we are building backend systems and services that harness data generated by the onboard sensors of connected vehicles and use real-time stream analytics and machine learning algorithms to ensure that drivers have accurate, highly targeted, and timely information to make better driving decisions.
You will be a part of an international team, working in an agile environment, building distributed and high-performant microservices. You will have have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies: Apache Flink, Apache Spark, Akka, Kafka, Zookeeper, DynamoDB, S3 and more.
You will have a great impact on our products and will play a role in the architecture and design of our backend systems and services. With your experience and passion for software excellence you will continuously raise the engineering bar. Our teams are highly collaborative, you will work on challenging problems and collaborate with highly technical colleagues across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related field.
- 5+ years of software development experience in an agile/lean environment
- Solid experience in Java (Scala is a plus), designing and building distributed, scalable and high-performance services on the JVM platform.
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering best practices, covering the full software engineering lifecycle.
- Experience in mentoring engineering peers in complex technical issues, ability to influence software engineering best practices within your team.
- Good communication skills, ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex topics
- A diverse team
- An office in the center of Berlin
- Opportunities to learn, grow and develop: company hackathons, technical talks, conferences and trainings
- Public Transport Subsidy
- Free German classes
- Competitive compensation and relocation support
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.