R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19796
Engineer - NDS HDLM
The HERE NDS (navigation database standard) Technologies team is looking for a java engineer for our map compilation product that creates the most comprehensive high definition live map in the market, intended to support precise navigation for self-driving cars.
HERE enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com
Join our fast growing, highly motivated NDS team. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into how we capture the real world, how this is reflected in our reality index, and work with the team on how this data goes straight into cars with our NDS deliveries. We work with Agile practices and co-operate with numerous different teams inside and outside of the company. Our team delivers digital maps in NDS formats to our automotive customers where the data is going straight into cars to power autonomous driving uses cases.
- Develop & test features/bug fixes under supervision
- Follow established engineering best practices (agile, coding, etc.)
- Create & Maintain system documentation where applicable
- Works with users and/or product owners to clarify application specifications
- Understand existing software architecture
- 2 years backend application development experience - java/scala or functional programming language
- Data Structures and Algorithms
- Understanding of various software architecture paradigms
- Adaptable to agile methodology and XP practices
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic (work committed to is done on time and with high quality)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong quality mindset is considered a must: unit testing, performance testing, writing testable code
- Team-working skills
- Infrastructure experience: Maven/SBT, GIT/GERRIT, Apache Spark, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Linux Environment
- Working with mapdata e.g. NDS, GIS, RDF, GDF is considered a plus
- Working with data transformation scripting / ETL is considered a plus
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.