R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19793
The HERE NDS (navigation database standard) Technologies team is looking for a senior java engineer for our map compilation product that creates the most comprehensive high definition live map in the market, intended to support precise navigation for self-driving cars.
HERE enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com
Join our fast growing, highly motivated NDS team. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into how we capture the real world, how this is reflected in our reality index, and work with the team on how this data goes straight into cars with our NDS deliveries. We work with Agile practices and co-operate with numerous different teams inside and outside of the company. Our team delivers digital maps in NDS formats to our automotive customers where the data is going straight into cars to power autonomous driving uses cases.
We are looking for a skilled software craftsman to join our team in Mumbai. You are passionate about building software that is well-crafted and steadily adds business value? You see challenges where other see problems? You like to see your ideas to become part of millions of cars? You think quality first? You will engage with our community of professionals to invent and master challenges with creativity and passion. The job includes all parts of software development lifecycle: refining product vision, gathering requirements, software system design, coding, testing, release and support. As our team is spread around the globe, you will work collaboratively with other team members from different locations.
This is a senior position. Still, if you like the challenge and you trust that you can fulfill the role, we will be happy to hear from even if you are not a veteran in software engineering
- Develop software that is well-crafted & steadily adds business value, as part of a community of professionals
- Engage with internal and external customers for requirements, change requests and incidents to help define application specifications
- Own one or more components of software architecture in immediate environment
- Be part of an agile team, share knowledge, do code reviews, pro-active communication
- Drive and improve engineering best practices (e.g. agile, coding, verification)
- Define complex, cross-subsystem/product designs to be implemented by team
- Mentor and guide junior engineers on the team
- 4+ years backend application development experience - java/scala or functional programming language
- Solid knowledge of programming practices, strive to write great code that is reusable, flexible, and reliable.
- Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a strong team player with an agile mindset
- Strong quality mindset is considered a must: unit testing, performance testing, writing testable code
- Very good communication skills in English both written and spoken
- Infrastructure experience: Maven/SBT, GIT/GERRIT, Apache Spark, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Linux Environment
- Working with mapdata e.g. NDS, GIS, RDF, GDF is considered a plus
- Working with data transformation scripting / ETL is considered a plus
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.