University Hiring - Temporary Full-Time | 19716
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
We are HERE Canada, Inc. and we do work that will shape a whole new generation of location services and devices built for how you live and what you care about.
HERE is the world's first pure location cloud. We are focused on all of the ways that location factors into someone's life and we look at how to make those location-oriented connections easier to deliver for our users. We are an established operation yet have the heart and spirit of a start-up. We never get tired of delighting consumers. That is why we are passionate about our products and services; we know they can make a life more meaningful.
Our team is an exciting, location services SDK product team exposing an easy to use programming interface on both the Android and iOS platforms to support the development of mapping-centric software.
We are looking for bright, innovative, and energetic co-op students with previous work term experience (or a great personal project portfolio) and a passion to learn new things. Being a self-motivated software engineer, you will work within a development team to help us define, maintain and add new features to our products and the frameworks that support them. You will be able to utilize previous engineering skills and experiences on leading mobile platforms Android and iOS.
Being a strong candidate for this role means having solid programming skills. Your previous experience gives you the background and tools to confidently pick up a code base and start contributing to it; your learning agility gives you the ability to quickly learn new programming languages and paradigms.
- Developing feature enhancements to HERE SW products on the Android and iOS platforms
- Maintaining and enhancing our software test automation framework on mobile platforms
- Creating, refining and executing automated and manual test cases
- Creating and maintaining tools for continuous integration systems for building, testing and deploying our software products
- Working with multiple teams for product development and delivery
- Programming experience in Java, Objective-C/Swift, or C++
- Experience with developing on mobile platforms a plus
- Experience with scripting languages, code repository and continuous integration tools
- Problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Completed previous co-op work term or equivalent personal project portfolio
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.