Category (Sourcing) Manager: Facilities, IT, Fleets, Telecom
Business & Strategic Planning - Regular Full-Time | 19636
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
Our Sourcing team plays a key role in supporting HERE´s business goals and strategy. We lead company-wide category-based sourcing practices in line with requirements of a dynamic and quickly changing high-tech environment. Innovation is part of HERE´s DNA and as a sourcing team we continuously strive and take initiative to develop and incorporate better than “best in class” solutions to key sourcing challenges.
Our multi-tiered approach includes developing trusting relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers, leading cross-functional teams to ensure effective, collaborative and strategic sourcing decisions are made that fully satisfy requirements of our business.
The Category Manager is responsible for executing strategies and improvement plans for several assigned categories, especially facilities, fleet, IT and telecoms. The person will report into the Director of Sourcing EMEA, and is part of a global HERE team of Sourcing professionals.
Your day to day will include;
- Maintaining category expertise by leveraging external networks, business stakeholders, and key suppliers
- Helping to develop functional category teams which interface with internal customers to understand requirements, demand management opportunities, issues resolution and compliance risks
- Setting up and participating in sourcing events as well as developing and maintaining market information on suppliers
- Creating RFQs / RFPs with regards to the execution of bid events
- Conducting supplier negotiations and implementing targets to manage key vendors` performance. Initiating (process) improvements resulting in measurable business impact
- Developing tracking mechanisms and supplier key performance indicators with manager to facilitate spend reporting
- Negotiating skillfully with both internal and external parties to win concessions while maintaining relationships
What you bring:
- 8+ years of professional experience, with 6+ years business experience within a strategic sourcing function. Global sourcing and/or Management Consulting experience a plus.
- Bachelor´s Education; MBA an advantage
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills; proficient in Microsoft office products
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills a “must” for effectively interfacing and engaging with clients and suppliers
- Business proficient German language skills
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.