Summer Trainee/Software Engineer - Positioning Technologies
Administrative / Business Support - Temporary Full-Time | 19526
HERE enables people, enterprises and cities around the world to harness the power of location and create innovative solutions that make our lives safer and more efficient. We transform information from devices, vehicles, infrastructure and other sources into real-time location services that play a key role in how we move, live and interact with one another.
HERE is packed with smart people from around the world. Our offices foster an open environment where good ideas are encouraged and embraced. There’s also plenty of flexibility within the company, and options for achieving an ideal work/life balance and various other extras on offer.
HERE has all the ingredients that make for a vibrant place to start your career. From day one, you will be immersed in a culture of cutting-edge technology where your ideas will be encouraged and embraced. After all it is new ideas, new ways of thinking, and new approaches to solving real-world problems that enable us to constantly push the boundaries of building a digital representation of the world. At HERE, we guarantee you an opportunity to expand your knowledge and develop your skills.
We are looking for six (6) enthusiastic students to join our team for the summer period of 2018. As a summer trainee in HERE Positioning team in Tampere, Finland, you will be responsible for developing and testing algorithms and SW for the purposes of high-accuracy positioning, both indoors and outdoors. You will work with different proof-of-concept positioning platforms, IoT devices and/or cloud environments.
You will work closely with the experienced HERE SW engineers, SW designers, architects and positioning experts, and also in close collaboration with the other HERE R&D teams located around the world. This is an opportunity for you to learn from the best and to get the first-hand experience how to build products that change the world.
We expect you can start in May, and continue at least until the end of August 2018.
- 2-3+ year M.Sc student with relevant courses on electronics, SW development, signal processing and/or mathematics
- Proven ability to quickly prototype in languages like C/C++, Python, Java, Matlab, Linux
- Good documentation skills, experience in writing high-quality technical specifications
- Flexible and innovative in problem solving
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Passion for high quality and attention to detail
- Willingness to develop, implement and challenge new technical ideas
- Fluent English, both in spoken and written form is required
- High motivation and a team player
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.