Sr Software Developer - C++ at IoT SDK (m/f)
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19400
HERE, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes. from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HERE IoT SDK provides a set of programming interfaces that enables developers to build immersive native (mobile) applications while leveraging our powerful and flexible Open Location Platform.
With features such as routing, turn by turn voice guidance, search, interactive 2D and 3D vector maps and much more, we allow our customers to develop powerful location based application natively on different platforms like Android and iOS.
To make all of that happen, and deliver the best quality in the market, we are growing our engineering team in Berlin and are searching for an excellent C++ developer!
As a C++ developer, you will be a key member of our growing SDK engineering team in Berlin. You would work on developing the IoT SDK core components in C++, as well as platform APIs on iOS and Android. You are responsible for defining a strong and solid architecture and implementation. You would also take take about developing automated tests for your code and do code reviews for other team members.
Ideally, we would like you to have:
- Bachelor/Master in Computer Science, Software Engineering or similar technical degree
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Strong level in algorithm engineering
- Mastery of all aspects of the C++03 programming language
- Solid knowledge of C++11/17 improvements
- Effective practice of the Standard Template Library
- Strong practice of object-oriented programming
- Comfort with threading and IPC
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Comfortable with agile development methodologies like Scrum or Kanban
- Very good command of written and spoken English
The following would add extra value to your contribution in our team:
- Knowledge of programming iOS with Objective-C or Swift
- Knowledge of programming Android with Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of Boost C++ libraries
- Knowledge of OpenGL
- Knowledge of location based services such as mapping, navigation, GPS
- Experience in using git as a version control system
Our culture is founded on openness, collaboration and honesty, with colleagues who are brilliant in their field, resilient, and above all, strive for the best.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.