Software Engineer - Test Automation
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19112
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HERE Highly Automated Driving (HAD) team is expanding!
The HERE HAD team designs and builds hardware and software to enable autonomous mobility solutions by providing capabilities that span the cloud, the vehicle, and the data.
Within HAD, the Data Acquisition and Processing team builds services designed to efficiently expose our high-resolution image and 3D point cloud data to internal product teams across the automotive, enterprise, and consumer spaces. This is a relatively new team so your knowledge and experience will make a substantial impact on bringing our software and services to the next level.
We are looking for a Test Automation Engineer with strong programming and automation skills to work in a team responsible for delivering content to power the next-generation of 3D consumer maps, enhanced navigation systems and more. You will be working in an agile, innovative environment to contribute to delivery of a highly performant content delivery platform.
The Test Automation Engineer will create, document, implement and maintain test scripts for service-level functionality. You should be self-directed, team-oriented, know and care what the customer wants from our service.
This position requires healthy doses of initiative and flexibility in a very dynamic environment. You should like to break things, be exhilarated when you discover that really complicated bug, and be detail-oriented enough that you've actually had people comment on it.
Work with developers, product owners, and other members of the agile team to create test plans and test cases to ensure complete, thorough test coverage of new features and reported issues
- Perform both manual and automated testing
- Extend the automation test framework when appropriate
- Validate code changes against existing test suites
- Investigate test and production failures, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, complete incident reports
- Participate in product and feature design with developers.
Ideally, you have most of the following:
- Bachelors degree in related field
- 2+ years experience with Web Services
- 2+ years experience with Linux/Unix shell scripting and Python
- Experience with continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Hudson
- Experience working with Amazon Web Service or other virtualization technologies
- Experience with web based performance test tools such as JMeter
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.