Senior Android Engineer (m/f) - HERE Smart Office
Information Technology - Regular Full-Time | 19062
DescriptionHERE Smart Office
The workplace is evolving, from a traditional model where every employee has a desk and people get together in a conference room for a meeting to a model where only part of the workforce is regularly present in the office, some employees work remotely, some others travel a lot.
In this situation, companies are trying to cut their real-estate costs by reducing their real-estate portfolio and optimize existing spaces around the needs and the happiness of their employees.
To serve this necessity, buildings become increasingly smarter. Rooms have sensors to track essential metrics such as occupancy, temperature, air quality, etc. Employees carry mobile devices that can track their location at any given time. All of this generates an incredible amount of data that provides critical insights for cost savings and are a key enabler for building automation.
HERE Smart Office is a new product in the HERE IoT portfolio that makes life at the office great and gives the insights to facility management to make it even better.Role Description
We are looking for an experienced Senior Android Engineer to work in our international, diverse team on the Smart Office app for employees.
If you are passionate about innovation, software, and smartphones, eager to learn and work with new game-changing technologies, and want to work in an entrepreneurial environment together with a team of very motivated individuals in HERE's Berlin office, then you are the perfect fit for our team. A strong track record of developing and delivering world-class client-side native smartphone applications is a must.
- Design and build advanced location-based functionality for the Android platform
- Work in a cross-functional team to define, design, and ship new features, with a focus on end-to-end quality
- Create intuitive, custom UI controls and interfaces that match our great user experience
- Write unit and acceptance tests to validate robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
QualificationsSkills and experience
- Extensive development experience, including 5+ years of Android development
- Strong coding fundamentals: data structures, design patterns, etc.
- Strong knowledge of the Android SDK
- Experience with unit testing and UI testing frameworks
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or a proven track record in the relevant domain
- Experience with Kotlin
- Experience in Agile software development
- Experience with the Android Architecture Components and dependency injection
- Experience with the Gradle build system and continuous integration systems
- Experience working with remote APIs via REST and JSON
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.