Director Business Solutions
Sales & Business Development - Regular Full-Time | 19059
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The Director Strategic Business Development will be the leading face of the company’s Solutions Business Strategy to grow the funnel of prospects, customers, and opportunities for the IoT Business Solutions team within an assigned region. S/he will “open doors” and identify leads, build relationships, and secure early-stage solutions for viable commercial execution, to achieve the desired revenue objectives. This is a role that formulates operational guidelines, and ensures a working environment encouraging innovation in building a team of up to 5 Business Solution Managers.
In this role, you will:
- Define and implement global strategies for BD and market development based on the company’s product portfolio and offerings
- Lead the long-term growth by driving early stage GTM for new Solutions Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs), Pilots, pre-commercial offerings, built on the company’s product portfolio and market-segment targets
- Create the business plan for the solution to define up-front : the value proposition, fast Time to Market (TTM), Low Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) , “turn-key” offering, engineering development effort on the product portfolio (build / buy / partner), business model / monetization, scaling, costs, Ecosystem / Partner and Ops support structure, so the highest probability for the Solution(s) to be commercially viable and achieve long-term Scale with customer(s), and partner attach and stickiness
- Capitalize on the Solution to bridge the prospect / lead to a commercial venture with customers
- Establish customer specific strategic plans that achieve successful product penetration
- Provide feedback into core product teams to influence their roadmap and strategy
- Drive customer acquisition and revenue generation by managing and coordinating the BD activities
- Collaborate cross-functionally across team boundaries thru the organization, to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- Propose and finalize specific sales measures to drive positive business results
- Build and exploit new and existing leads / channels
- Manage the Opportunities funnel and periodic reporting of the “Dashboard” to the respective stakeholders across the company
- Introduce new market requirements, capabilities, and customer needs into Product Development process
- Contribute to the strategic development of the portfolio by engaging internal stakeholders, selected customers, partners, and industry thought leaders in the respective region
- Support trade shows, marketing collateral and campaigns, and other product promotion events as required
- 12-15 years of relevant Business Development experience in related industries/Tech-companies
- Strong understanding of software, platform, cloud, connectivity and technology in the widest sense
- Ability to recognize emerging competitor strategies and develop counter-strategies that maintains or upgrade HERE's market position.
- Significant market experience in one or more of our core markets of interest (IoT, Cities, Mobility, Tracking)
- Proven ability to interface, influence and manage with all levels of organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Additional languages a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to think creatively and elicit results from others
- Bachelors degree requirted, MBA preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.