Sr. Research Engineer - Natural Language Processing
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 19023
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
You will be part of an advanced engineering team within the CTO organization tasked with delivering breakthrough and disruptive innovation powering HERE's future business.
We are looking for a Sr. Research Engineer who is interested in the development of knowledge representations for location and temporal data. Should have experience with current state of the art for knowledge representation. The ideal candidate will have prior experience to building natural language processing (NLP) pipelines to extract spatial, temporal and semantic information and incorporate in a graph database. Strong communications skills, as well as the ability to work independently, will be needed in our research and development environment. You will proactively participate in every aspect of the software development lifecycle including design, implementation, test design, test implementation, optimization, and delivery utilizing the latest technologies.
- MS required, Ph.D. preferred in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of a scripting language like Ruby or Python is a plus
- Strong background in computer science: algorithms, data structures, concurrency, and distributed systems
- Design and implement secure, scalable, and fault-tolerant solutions across a distributed architecture, with the objective of researching and developing text analytics applicable across multiple domains.
- Familiarity with standard relational (SQL) databases
- Familiarity with at least one non-relational database (Neptune, Neo4j, Cassandra, MongoDB) or search engine (Elasticsearch)
- Familiarity with graph query languages such as Gremlin, Cypher, SPARQL
- Familiarity with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, HBase, Storm, Kafka, Spark or Zookeeper
Experience developing distributed and cloud-based systems and services
- Demonstrated knowledge in machine learning or statistical data inference
- Experience in developing machine learning, natural language processing or graph analytic applications
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.