Prototyping Engineer - CTO Office
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18852
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
At HERE TECHNOLOGIES, we are inventing the future.
As early pioneers in digital mapping, we have always set out to chart the uncharted. While we continue to navigate an ever-changing landscape, we are both responsive to emerging technologies and welcoming of new ideas. In this space we foster curiosity, and act with integrity and courage to create extraordinary things. And we do this as one team moving forward together.
There has never been a tipping point quite like this. A new digital era, where the human race and technology fundamentally reconfigure their relationship to empower every aspect of our surroundings. Where we go from ride-sharing to self-driving. From street maps to an index of reality. Welcome to the autonomous world.
You can be a part of this new world with a career at HERE TECHNOLOGIES.
Our CTO team is a mix of hard core data scientists, system and platform architects, researchers, principal engineers, analysts and BI geeks. Our mission spans all platforms across Automotive, Highly Autonomous Driving (HAD) and Internet-of-Things (IoT) in combination with new and emerging technology fields like Artificial Intelligence (AI), Augmented Reality (AR), Deep Neural Networks, closed-loop Machine Learning and Geo-positioning to name just a few. Our team members are technology evangelists, able to inspire inside as well as outside of HERE for the vision of the company, and are innovating key intellectual property concepts such as the Reality Index and the associated location based services that are at the foundation of the business models within the Digital century.
Our CTO organization is seeking a highly motivated Prototyping Engineer to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to become part of the group leading the way to this autonomous future.
- Participate in early-stage discussions of business problems, business solutions, potential applications, and associated data assets
- Determine basic requirements including the input and output information desired for new technology applications.
- Develop quick initial prototypes including front-end mockups and back-end stubs
- Review prototypes with customers, examining the interfaces, interactions, business logic, etc. and documenting feedback on potential additions or changes
- Revise and enhance the prototype using feedback on specifications and on initial prototype. Negotiate and communicate the scope of prototype and final product.
- Deliver prototype and accompanying materials (possibly including specification, design, user documentation, and demo presentation videos) to an external development team that will convert the prototype into a product (where needed).
- MS in technical discipline + 2 years experience or BS Comp Sci + 4 years a programming experience
- Fluency in a broad range of programming environments across a full technology stack (from UI/UX/ID to Cloud/DBMS)
- Passion for creating innovative, powerful enterprise software
- Ability to tradeoff coding speed vs. reliability to suit individual project needs
- Good writing, speaking, and social/customer skills
- Willing to travel up to 20%.
Some of the following would be ideal as well
- Portfolio of prototype accomplishments that demonstrate quick full stack integration
- Comfortable operating in ad hoc and formalized SDLCs
- Specific experience prototyping for enterprise applications (Bonus points for advanced work in Office/VBA, Tableau, or Atlassian/Jira/Confluence)
- Expertise in advanced algorithms, such as applied machine learning, AI, operations research, and management science
- Expertise in big data topics, such as data science, data strategy, and data governance
- Expertise in mapping, geospatial/temporal data, automotive or IoT industries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.