R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18801
HERE, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
A Lead Engineer on the Technical Operations team supporting Core Map Group in HERE is responsible for developing & supporting self-service tools, platforms, and automation focused on the deployment and operation of HERE’s map building applications and services.
- Contribute at a high-level to many aspects of our collaborative Agile Scrum development process.
- Product and feature design.
- Technical architectural design and review.
- Software implementation with automated testing.
- Peer code reviews, mentoring and knowledge sharing sessions.
- Continuous process improvement, coding standards, and use of code quality metrics.
- Support internal customers and participate in the on-call rotation.
- 8+ years of experience in software development & BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience with AWS with a focus on Solutions Architecture.
- Familiar with Eclipse, Maven, GIT and CI servers (e.g. Jenkins/Hudson, GO, Bamboo).
- Strong recent server-side Java development experience, 5 years min, 7+ preferable.
- Advanced object-oriented design skills, exposure to modern design patterns.
- Working knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Effective unit testing with JUnit and mock objects.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience building REST web service clients and servers.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash shell, etc).
- Working knowledge of Docker.
- Experience with Mesosphere DC/OS or other container orchestration tool.
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus.
- Can demonstrate the ability to learn new technologies and associated processes quickly.
- Ability to mentor, train, and oversee less-experienced engineers in best practices.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable and productive in an Agile team environment.
- Experience working closely with other development teams in a collaborative DevOps environment.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.