Principal UX Designer
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18800
The HERE Technologies automotive design works in collaboration with the product management to translate the company strategy into an actionable automotive product offering strategy. We design our products user experience ranging from map visuals to HMI interactions and develop design driven product strategies by applying user centric research and design methods. We create prototypes to validate and refine our concepts and to communicate our ideas to the development and sales teams and to our customers. We translate user, market and customer needs into product requirements. We manage product requirements across data, platform and software and we help to analyze and track product profitability and product success metrics by defining design driven KPI´s.
Our vision is to build leadership in the Connected Car industry. We do this by creating automotive reference products and customer solutions that provide:
- Consumer-centric experiences across web, mobile and vehicle
Scalable, innovative, fresh, personal and daily relevant information
- A framework and tools to enable car makers and partners to build and integrate their own experiences.
HERE AUTO SDK is a set of software modules and tools that facilitate the rapid development of automotive infotainment applications on top of the HERE location stack and Qt. All applications developed with HERE Auto SDK can take advantage of the same fresh, relevant and reliable maps and location services from HERE.
- Promote and build the HERE brand by building the creation of user centric design solutions and design direction, work with relevant stakeholders to contribute to product strategy.
- Design and specify experiences and patterns experiences, develop and concept designs specifications.
- Be able to work with and direct product managers, designers, brand designers, prototypers, developers, etc. to realize your designs.
- Be passionate about your work and happy to present design to stakeholders for review and feedback. Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback and usability findings. Understand the business needs.
- Be able to communicate complex topics in a simple way, whether on paper, face to face or when designing UI.
- Ability to effectively manage tasks of varying complexities, meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Demonstrate you are proactive in sharing your expertise and engaging others.
- At least 8 years of experience as a senior UX designer, creative director, or similar role.
- Exceptional portfolio, with focus on user experience for consumer, industrial and automotive products
- Fluency in best practices for visual design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Proficiency in a variety of visual, motion design and prototyping tools. 3D software tools is a plus.
Good understanding of technical constraints/working with embedded systems
- You should be able to handle complexity. Experience with data or analytics are a bonus.
- Strong technical knowledge of how embedded technology applies to design.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with stakeholders like developers.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience with Agile development environment.
- Degree in product design, visual design, motion design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.