Research Engineer - Highly Automated Driving
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18644
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HAD group enables autonomous and semi-autonomous mobility solutions by providing innovative core technology and capabilities that span the cloud, the vehicle and data. The HAD group designs and builds hardware and software for capturing, processing, and extracting information from numerous data sources such as: imagery and 3D Lidar from mobile mapping systems, satellite imagery, and dense GPS probe data from smartphones and vehicles. These rich datasets are used to power next-gen 3D consumer maps, navigation and assisted driving systems, and more. HERE Maps provides detailed road and navigation data for nearly 100 countries, and can be found in four out of five vehicle in-dash navigation systems.
Within HAD, the Localization team develops algorithms to accurately position the mapping vehicle and features in the environment to enable autonomous driving and other driver assistance features. This requires implementing the latest lidar and image processing and machine learning algorithms coupled with other sensors. We are seeking passionate and experienced engineers to join a talented team of algorithm experts and software engineers. Example work this team does includes: Visual and LiDAR odometry, structure from motion, SLAM and sensor fusion.
- Develop algorithms for visual odometry, structure from motion, 3D reconstruction.
- Track and apply the latest algorithm improvements from industry and the research community
- Optimize performance of algorithms on CPU, GPU or other architectures.
- Drive the testing, documentation, verification and productization of the algorithms.
- Maintain metrics related to algorithm performance
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related Science or Engineering focused degree. PhD preferred.
- Candidates should have a background in Computer Vision, Machine Learning or a closely related discipline and a track record for developing ideas and concepts into commercially viable algorithms as well as an understanding and experience in productizing research results.
- Experience with structure from motion, SLAM, sensor fusion desirable.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work collaboratively in cross functional teams.
- Experience integrating computer vision algorithms into shipping applications.
- Strong coding skills in Python and C/C++
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with embedded real-time platforms a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.