Senior Engineer - Big Data Processing Team
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18508
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
As our digital and physical lives become increasingly inter-connected, our map of the world is rapidly changing. With every connected device or sensor capable of generating and sharing its context and location, it is data that will connect this complex new world. The question is how do we make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations – all in real-time?
Our answer is the HERE Open Location Platform.
The Open Location Platform Big Data Processing team believes the value of a platform is directly related to the convenience of the platform. Our goal is to enable developers to easily conflate HERE Reality Index content with their own data using off the shelf batch or stream processing technologies. We will achieve this by providing a self-serve Apache Spark and Apache Flink managed cloud service for developers to run their batch or stream location based data processing jobs.
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to design, implement, test and continually improve scalable web applications and services running on AWS.
- Develop products using agile methods and tools.
- Develop commercial grade software that is user friendly and suitable for global audience.
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers.
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers.
- Participate in architecture and design efforts.
- Work closely with other engineers and testers to deliver high quality software on time.
Desired Skills and Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 2+ years software development experience building scalable commercial web applications or services.
- 3+ years experience with Linux, and Linux based scripting.
- 2+ years developing software with test automation or Test Driven Development.
- Strong service level design and programming ability.
- Fluency with Java or Scala.
- Experience with general open source software, including but not limited to Spring, Hibernate, JAX-RS, JDBC, Web Containers, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc..
- Experience with Linux shell, Maven, git (or equivalent) modern version control and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Understanding of data modeling techniques using relational and non-relational techniques.
- Working knowledge of BigData technology including noSQL storage solutions like Cassandra/HBase/MongoDB/Redis/DynamoDB, complex large-scale processing systems like Hadoop/Spark/hive/Pig, or event/stream based processing platforms like Storm/Spark streaming/Samza/Apex/Flink.
- Exceptional ability to troubleshoot complex distributed issues in a production environment.
- Highly entrepreneurial, flexible and hard working – willing to go the extra mile or two to “get things done with high quality”.
- 2+ years using AWS in production software.
- Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 service.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.