Principal Data Scientist
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18404
Principal Data Scientist - Deep Learning
Join a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers to work on large-scale Deep Learning problem. This team is building the most precise and detailed digital map in the world. It is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team on highly visible, technology-driven problems with a direct connection to the success of the company. No prior experience in the domain of Maps is required. We are looking for people who remain learners throughout their career, willing to experiment and explore in a dynamic ecosystem and whose inquisitiveness and love of technology will propel our products forward.
Our global reach is unmatched. We’ve created maps for 200 countries with more than half navigation grade. In addition we have public transit maps in more than 950 cities and indoor maps for more than 90,000 buildings across over 11,000 venues. With millions of daily updates and the support of our online community using the HERE Map Creator, we make the world’s most detailed, accurate and up-to-date maps. To learn more about HERE, visit our official blog at 360.here.com.
Our work environment features short release cycles, experienced and talented employees, and a fast-paced work environment. You should be someone who takes pride in your work, honors your commitments, and enjoys working with teammates to find creative solutions to complext tactical problems. If you want to work on the cutting edge of deep learning and computer vision this job is for you!
As a Pricipal Data Scientist you will,
- Help design and build the next iteration of automation in HERE Core Map processes, employing a highly scalable Big Data infrastructure and machine learning as applied to global-scale digital map-making.
- Build and test analytical and statistical models to improve a wide variety of both internal data-driven processes for map-making data decisions and system control needs.
- Act as an expert and evangelist in areas of deep learning, computer vision and machine learning, and predictive analysis and modeling.
- Effectively interact with both internal and external customer executives(technical and non-technical) to explain uses and values of deep learning systems.
- Exhibit proficiency in understanding, specifying and explaining modeling solutions and organizing teams of other data scientists and engineers to execute projects delivering those solutions.
- PhD or MS in Statistics, Applied Mathematics,Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or related field
- 3+ year working experience with and/or publishing in Deep Learning with overall experience of around 9 to 12 years.
- Experience with computer vision, image processing and deep learning (CNN,RNN,etc)
- Experience with Caffe, Tensorflow or other model training software
- Fluent in Python
- Fluent in C++ on a Linux platform
- Experience working with open source project/enterprise software is a plus.
- Experience with OpenCV and PCL preferred.
- Expert in working with and publishing in Deep Learning
- Experience working with open source projects/enterprise software (revision control, continuous integration, etc.)
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.