Lead Software Engineer - CTO - Analytics
Information Technology - Regular Full-Time | 18399
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The Chief Technology Officer is expanding his team to realize this vision, and we are searching for engineers with expertise in big data platforms, machine learning and predictive analytics. We are looking for candidates that are entrepreneurial, that are highly motivated with their own opinions, and that want to shape products and implement pioneering technologies that impact millions of people every day!
You will collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. You'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, and a creative and agile work environment. This is an opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, growing team at one of the most innovative technology companies in the world.
This is a senior engineering role where you will need to excel with minimal technical supervision, while playing a variety of roles as needed to respond efficiently to product priorities.
- Develop backend and web based applications to support advance analytics (machine learning and deep leaning)
- Design, and implement high performance and highly scalable and available platform components
- Requirements definition, data modeling, design and code reviews
- Work effectively with minimal guidance to design, develop, and troubleshoot applications
- Maintain a broad view of emerging technologies and contribute in roadmap definition
- Create, Deploy and support processes and frameworks that support data science and research team members in analytics and exploration
- Deliver automated solutions for deployment and management of large analytical experiments
The Chief Technology Office is looking for a highly motivated full stack engineer able to develop scalable high-performance systems including; Webservices, Web Applications, REST and RPC API’s, general distributed systems, visualize and render data on web as needed, is familiar with diverse languages (java, scala, c++, go, sql) and able to write code deployed on various platforms (andoid, ios, linux). The team is small and flexible, looking for candidates that are comfortable building end to end solutions for our analytics and research customers. The ideal candidate would possess firsthand knowledge of modern big data frameworks (Stream and/or Batch), be able to prototype and develop production grade services with little or no direction, and possess expert level knowledge of algorithms and data structures. The candidate would be open to learning and contributing to any aspect of the end to end application or data lifecycle. The position is dynamic in nature and involves coding applications, scripting automation, deploying, maintaining components and visualizing large datasets. The candidate will be exposed to leading edge technologies and research for machine learning, analytics, distributed devices and IoT.
B.Sc. in Computer Science, advanced degrees preferred
- Minimum of 7 years related professional experience
- Ability to prototype a system end-to-end, comfortable in all aspects
- Proven experience delivering production-quality server side applications in a professional software engineering role. Comfortable using and learning various of technologies and programing languages
- Scripting: Bash, Python
- Ability to script and develop automation as needed in Python or Bash
- Experience with cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
- Expert knowledge in performance, scalability, system architecture, engineering best practices, and agile software development methodology
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Well organized & skilled at documenting designs, issues, proposals and results.
- Knowledge or experience in math, statistics and data science (& applications) a plus
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.