Principal Software Engineer (m/f)
Information Technology - Regular Full-Time | 18337
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. Our vision is to enable the “Autonomous World” with our technology and services. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology and sensor data to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices from smartphones and tablets to wearables, robotics and vehicles. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com
We are looking for a new member in our Technology Office team in Berlin. Our focus is on following new trends in software development, architectures, geospatial processing, analytics, privacy, artificial intelligence and visualisation. We work in small and agile teams, often with colleagues across HERE on evaluating such trends, but also run larger projects to prototype new technologies or challenge them together with early adopting customers.
We are looking for an extension of the team on the areas of data storage and processing, analytics, machine learning and distributed systems. You should bring some experience in these areas, but you should mostly be able to acquire new skills and work self driven with new upcoming concepts and technologies. We are a small and flexible team, so be prepared to take a wide range of responsibilities wherever your skills and personal interests matches with our mission and technology agenda.
- Relentless desire to learn and improve
- Experience with distributed data storage and processing systems (Hadoop, Hive, Drill, Parquet, Cassandra, Kudu, CockroachDB, …)
- Experience with distributed stream processing (Kafka, Spark, Flink, …)
- Understanding of geospatial models and algorithms
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented and functional programming principles
- Fluent in two or more contemporary programming languages
Helpful are experiences in the following areas
- Experience with OpenGL, WebGL or GPU accelerated computing
- Experience with running highly available services
- Experience with shell scripting for automation tasks
- Familiarity with HTTP, the REST-principles, and TCP/IP networking
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery
- Good command of written and spoken English
Some specific technologies we use:
- Scala, Java, Typescript, C++
- Amazon Web Services
- Spark, Hadoop, Drill
- Git, Jenkins, Docker, Terraform
What we offer:
- A stimulating multi-national work environment
- Involvement with internal and external users
- Exposure to new technologies and development methodologies
- Development of analytical and technical skills
- Opportunity to learn from highly-experienced and motivated colleagues
- A chance to work on interesting and unique problems at serious scales
- Conferences, technical and soft-skills trainings
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.