R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18272
SUMMARY OF JOB
HERE is a leader in navigation, mapping and location experiences. We combine highly accurate and fresh maps with cloud technology to enable rich, real-time location experiences in a broad range of connected devices – from smartphones and tablets to wearables and vehicles. Built on 30 years of experience in cartography and drawing on more than 80,000 sources of data, HERE offers "Maps for Life" for more than 190 countries, voice guided navigation in 95 countries in more than 50 languages and live traffic information for 34 countries. To learn more about HERE, including our work in the areas of connected and autonomous driving, visit http://360.here.com or https://company.here.com/here/
WE are looking at folks who have deep understanding and hands-on experience building highly scalable and distributed applications shall be considered for this position. Quick learners who can build prototypes to evaluate new designs and technologies will be given preference.
- Participate in all stages of software development including analyzing, designing, programming, debugging, and modifying software enhancements and/or new products for customer applications.
- Design large-scale software/hardware systems and major components and lead other team members in the development of those systems.
- Software design and review; software development of application or system components
- Use programming languages and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
- Ensure software created and released conforms to auto-grade quality requirements.
- Mentor less experienced team members on technical matters.
- B.E. / M.E. degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree from reputed college / university.
- 5+ years of experience in delivering software products or systems in various roles.
- Strong experience in building and enhancing Java EE / Scala based applications. The candidate should be proficient in Java, Java EE and Scala.
- Expertise in designing and analyzing data models for large-scale data processing systems preferred.
- Experience in developing distributed data processing, stream or batch, systems.
- Strong knowledge of SOAP, REST, XSD, WSDL and WS-* standards.
- Strong knowledge any one of RDBMS (Oracle or MySQL or PostgreSQL).
- Good to have experience with the AWS and Hadoop ecosystems for big data processing.
- Creative, problem-solving approach with developed multi-tasking ability.
- Ability to effectively function in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.