Sr Engineer (Java)
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18254
HERE: Automotive group’s Traffic team is looking skilled Java / Java EE Sr. Software Engineer to join our dynamic team. This candidate will work on various projects focused on delivery of real-time traffic and will participate in all stages of software development including refining product vision, gathering requirements, software system design, coding, testing, release, and support. This individual will follow a documented software development process and be accountable for conformance to software quality standards including the creation and execution of unit test plans. The candidate will also work collaboratively with other engineering teams to ensure cross-functional goals are met.
- Software development of application or system components including design and review
- Unit and Integration testing of developed code
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
- Create and execute approved test plans and analyzes and report results
- Investigate and report problems
- Maintain and run tools and processes that support and automate software product release
- Understand the technical aspects of the products used to support the configuration management activities of the development process
- Adapt configuration management tools for the complex needs of the development teams or the management of the development process
- Enforce process compliance
- Decompose requirements for testability and provide feedback to the requirement gathering process
- Interact with customers/users to support software acceptance process and act as a liaison between development and user community
- BE. /M.E. degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree from reputed college / university.
- 4-6 years of hands on application design and development experience.
- Demonstrated expertise building and enhancing Java / Java EE based applications. The candidate should be proficient in Java and Java EE.
- Proficient in Web Services, SOAP, REST services.
- Exposure to SOA
- Exposure to JPA, Hibernate and Spring Framework
- Exposure to SQL
- Understanding of application messaging protocols like http, FTP, SSL
- Exposure to unit testing framework like junit, mockito
- Exposure to Agile software development process.
- Knowledge of Linux/Unix scripting
- Exposure to Configuration Management tools(Mercurial, SVN or Git)
- Exposure to messaging technologies (e.g. RabbitMQ).
- Exposure and basic familiarity to Big Data and Hadoop Map/Reduce
- Exposure to enterprise integration framework (e.g. Camel) is a plus
- Exposure with Big Data technologies like Spark, Hive, Pig a strong plus.
- Exposure to Scala a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.