Sr. Software Engineer - C++
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18237
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HERE Highly Automated Driving (HAD) team is expanding!
HERE is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to work on our next generation 3D mapping technology. This is an excellent opportunity to work with an energetic and dedicated team, and develop large sophisticated software systems. We serve both business customers and consumers with the energy of a start-up and the stability of an established operation. We care passionately about our customers, our products and each other. We are interested in candidates with experience and specialization in 3D graphics, GIS, mapping, computer vision, visual simulation, and/or LIDAR technology.
- Write C++ client code for our suite of Windows PC 3D internal applications
- Interface with user interface designers and implement requested features
- Attend daily team scrums and quarterly release planning meetings
- Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other STEM-based undergraduate degree
- Candidates should have at least 7+ years of professional software development experience, including at least 5 years of C++ development
- Strong math skills, particularly linear algebra and geometry
- Willing to work in an Agile based culture
- Mastery with data structures & core libraries, as well as familiarity with both STL & Boost
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- User interface development with WPF or Qt
- Experience with Web UI development
- Experience with 3D graphics, preferably Direct3D or OpenGL
- Familiarity with C# or Python
- Familiarity with Agile development, continuous integration, and modern testing methodologies
- Familiarity with databases, including spatial databases & GIS
- Proficient in one revision control system (e.g., Mercurial, Git, Subversion)
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.