Sr. Software Engineer
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 18223
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
The HD Live Map Publication (HDP) team within the HERE Highly Automated Driving (HAD) group is looking for an experienced Senior or Lead Java Engineers who would love to work on high-impact big-data projects that make the HERE HD Live Map product available to our external customers in the automotive industry.
Our team is the last step in the HD Live Map product pipeline, synchronizing many different map features across disparate sources to provide the rich, detailed mapping data cars need to drive autonomously. Our product has been live in production for over a year with multiple international customers and has a long, detailed backlog of high-value features waiting to be designed, architected and developed by you.
This product is built at massive scale and delivered "live" with hourly updates, requiring extensive use of various cloud, big data and analytic processing techniques. Core development is in Java 8 (with some Scala exposure) and we leverage Spark running on AWS EMR clusters for scaling. Deployments are fully scripted as docker containers.
Being the public face of HERE HAD, there is a strong focus on quality, with extensive code review, static analysis, unit and integration testing. We have a dedicated sub-term also building out a innovative CI/CD platform to enable commit-to-production deployment automation.
The successful candidate will join a small cohesive agile team and be responsible for:
- Developing Java applications using Java 8 with the HERE DataStore, Filter Framework and Advanced Compiler (Spark) Framework libraries to publish the HD Live Map product in the Protocol Buffer format.
- Implementing effective unit and integration tests to support our CI/CD strategy
- Contributing to our automated build and deployment processes with Maven, Jenkins & Docker
- Leading collaborative high-level architecture design and estimation, to assist in the scoping and prioritization of the product backlog. quality.
- Conducting organized peer code reviews with Gerrit for all code changes across the team and with other HERE collaborators.
- Actively participating in the Agile development processes (Scrum-based), including story design, estimation, daily stand up's, 2-week sprints, sprint retrospectives and group sprint review demos.
- Working with Atlassian Jira Agile to track team activities and support scheduling.
- Working Atlassian Confluence to provide high-quality written reference materials for the team and collaborators
- Working with Cisco Spark chat and Webex to provide high-quality communications across locations.
For Senior Engineer:
- Bachelor's Degree with major in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years commercial experience in Java development
- Experience providing complete solutions to features with guidance from leads
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills with a focus on clarity and conciseness
- Experience in some of the tools and techniques above
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.