Manager Strategic Alliances
Business & Strategic Planning - Regular Full-Time | 17647
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
HERE delivers the best digital representation of the real world available today, with centimeter-level precision and coverage of 200 countries. We have 25+ years of experience in cartography, more than 80.000 sources of data, a unique fleet of sophisticated data collection vehicles and the largest installed base of digital maps in vehicles across the world, with over 80% market share today.
HERE has now redefined its strategic course and is creating the “Reality Index’, a digital representation of everything. With this vision, HERE is uniquely positioned to be one of the disruptive forces in the digital area and can provide location technologies and services to enrich personal experiences for consumers and citizens while changing every business model for public and private companies in industries like, for example, automotive, transportation, logistics, financial services, and insurance services. As a result, we now see an accelerating demand and widening of the portfolio of strategic opportunities, driven by acceleration of multiple market trends that significantly increase the value of location based services for all industries, governments and consumers.
The role of the Manager Strategic Alliances will support the Director Strategic Alliances in driving core Strategic Alliances and Partnerships.
This demanding role needs a manager that has proven experience within the technology industry in combination with a good understanding of a Strategic Alliances framework so that he/she can quickly assess threats & opportunities and pro-actively designs tactical options to accelerate forward. He/she will have responsibility for managing (a) specific Strategic Alliance(s), in concert with other stakeholders within the company.
- Owns the Strategic Alliance for HERE and executes the Strategic Alliances Playbook to create breakthrough opportunities for HERE and its partners;
- Establishes and fosters executive relationships and secures buy-in regarding the assigned Strategic Alliance;
- Leads and manages partner initiatives and identifies new strategies & incentives for field engagement and business success;
- Creates and manages a governance structure for projects and initiatives owned;
- Acts as a strategic advisor to Alliances Partners and HERE Business Units;
- Positions, communicates and presents the HERE ‘Reality Index’ strategy to internal/external stakeholders;
- Works closely with key stakeholders to execute on the next generation Data Exchange Platform (give/get model), where all sensor data provides the foundation for new products and services that create unique and differentiated value propositions for HERE, its partners and customers.
- Manage Strategic Alliance relationships for the assigned partner;
- Contribute to a Strategic Alliances business plan for alliance solutions and initiatives;
- Execute program & project plans for the assigned Strategic Alliance;
- Organize monthly progress meetings and quarterly business reviews for the assigned Strategic Alliance;
- Provide input into the Alliance portfolio strategy, monthly operations reviews, and CEO briefings;
- Work tightly with the Corporate Development Team on Alliance deal execution and potential M&A activities.
- 5+ years of experience in a management position within the IT and Communications industry, with proven experience in building and managing Strategic Alliances;
- Proven ability to manage a Strategic Alliance in a EURO 1 Billion+ company in a market facing significant disruption;
- Experience in participating in multi-national virtual teams and applying a Strategic Alliances governance structure;
- Deep understanding of the “Digital” opportunities leveraging technology- and business-disruption in a transformative approach;
- Deep knowledge of location technology and proven ability to identify sources of value from Strategic Alliances;
- Experience from working, and successfully navigating cultural differences, in key regions around the world;
- Experienced manager in transforming teams to new objectives and has an ability to work effectively at all levels and cross-functionally with proven communication and management skills;
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Management or Business Administration.
- Exceptional problem-solver and influential collaborator that can conceptualize winning strategies, formulate strategic initiatives, and execute under tight timelines;
- Strong ability to interface effectively with key stakeholders, strong communication and presentation skills;
- Creative thinker willing to challenge status quo with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions, while deeply understanding and respecting what works today;
- Ability to influence, listen to, and partner with range of CxOs and senior executives with different styles and cultures in multiple companies;
- Experienced in building long lasting relationships with strategic alliances;
- Capable of travel extensively to key operations, partners and customers across the world;
- A role model for professional values, highly productive behaviors and always “doing the right thing” for the company, our employees, our customers and our partners;
- This ideal candidate has successfully participated in virtual teams and is very familiar with different cultures and ways to solve problems on a global basis.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.