Sr. Engineer (Java + Big Data)
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 16998
At HERE in Core Map Engineering organization, we are looking for highly skilled, self-motivated, Sr. Software Engineer who is passionate about developing efficient tools and services for Big Data automation in AWS to build our industry-leading map. We provide the opportunity to collaborate with an energetic and dedicated team that works on cutting-edge technology to create tools and services. The candidate will work with developers, architects, IT to develop, deploy, and maintain applications in multiple environments.
- Enable high availability, high extraction throughput processing of big scale probe data
- Develop/maintain highly available web services and tools to provide probe data
- Design and deploy AWS Big Data services to process data quickly and efficiently in the cloud
- Build out systems to monitor deployed workflows and alert/handle failures
- Clearly document code and processes that are developed
- Automate deployment processes with cutting-edge tools/technology and AWS services
- Respond to internal customers escalation requests.
- Engineering(B.E/B.Tech/MCA) in Computer Science or related field with Overall experience of 5 - 8 years.
- 3+ years of programming experience with Python and Java/Scala.
- 3+ years of working experience with AWS services (EC2, SNS, SQS, S3, EC2 Container Service, EMR, DynamoDB, Data Pipeline, Lambda. API Gateway, and etc.)
- Experience with Apache Spark/Big Data
- Development experience of Web Services (RESTful, SOAP)
- Fluent in an AWS-compatible scripting language (Python, etc.)
- Fluent with Linux
- Excellent written and oral communication/English language skills
- Experience or knowledge with GIS ( Graphical Information System), WMS(Web Map Service), WFS(Web Feature Service)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with NoSQL (i.e. DynamoDB), Search Engine ( Elasticsearch, Lucene Engine)
- Experience with popular Java Framework
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.