Lead Software Engineer
R&D / Engineering - Regular Full-Time | 16265
HERE Technoligies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
HERE is looking for a Lead Software Engineer with proven experience in the development and testing of complex systems. The Software Engineer will work closely with project managers, data analysts and other developers in a fast paced environment including multiple platforms, architectures and technologies. The individual should be self-motivated, creative and proactive, and should have a strong understanding of the software development processes and methodologies. This is a full-time position based in Vancouver, Canada.
- Leads the design, development and operation of the testing framework for internal and customer-facing licensing web applications, as well as tools for data processing and analysis
- Contributes to product development
- Takes a key operational role, including coordinating and validating releases, software integration, technical support for other internal teams. Owns the product performance and quality areas.
- Utilizes software engineering tools such as log analyzers, debuggers, configuration management systems, and continuous integration tools
- Participates in code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Mentors other developers in the team
- Estimates level of effort, evaluate new options, and offer suggestions to address requirements and improve processes
- Works collaboratively and professionally with other developers in cross functional teams to achieve goals
- Able to prioritize and develop solutions in a timely fashion
- Participates in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and tradeoffs
- Stays up-to-date with the latest development technologies
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience in a development and/or test automation role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of web and data technologies
- Working knowledge of IP networking, protocols such as HTTP and HTTPS, firewalls, routers, etc.
- Experience with different Operating Systems, including mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Solid technical background and understanding of the mapping industry
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously
- Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
Experience with the following tools and technologies is a plus:
- AWS cloud services
- Angular, node.js, Jasmine
- SQL, Tableau, Hadoop
- Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Web Systems, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or other related degree
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets.
Did you know?
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.