This month we've added improvements in the Geocoder API for Lithuania and US Virgin Islands.
Updates are related to the following services: Geocoder API, Geocoder Autocomplete API, Routing API, Transit API, Places API, Platform Data Extension, Route Match Extension and Waypoint Sequence Extension.
Summary of Updates:
The release is mainly a maintenance release; highlights are:
- Improvements in Lithuania for the handling of house and apartment number pairs.
- Improvements in the US Virgin Islands for postal cities.
- Changes in Kosovo to return the Country name.
Geocoder Autocomplete API
- A new Areas mode &resultType=areas has been added to allow only administrative area results (district, city, county, state, country) to be retrieved. This will exclude results with matchLevels of houseNumber, postalCode, street and intersection.
- We reduced the light truck maximum speed to 90 kmph to make it more consistent with a typical permitted truck speed on highways. The change does not affect US and UK where permitted truck speeds are greater than the light truck maximum speed.
- Transit Isoline endpoint has been added.
- HERE Search Catalog (March 26, 2018)
- Map Data updates (March 2018), including HERE Core map data (administrative units, cities, roads, point addresses and extended postal codes)
- Search responses now expose the type of Search executed: default, chain, category-recommendations, category-distance
- The international view for Kosovo has been changed. Kosovo addresses may now contain Kosovo as the country name.
Platform Data Extension API
- The maximum number of PDE tiles per request has been raised from 15 to 64 tiles.
Route Match Extension
- The maximum number of PDE layers to be returned in the response has been raised from 15 to 32.
Waypoint Sequence Extension
- Requests can now also be sent as POST.